Friday, April 3, 2009

Ribbons and Muck!!!

Hey Yall,
Things have been so crazy! Last weekent my god mother, Tania, and I along with a friend went to a dressage schooling show over at Hampton Rd. Stables. For those of you who don't remember I used to board there. It was great to see our old friends and the show was lots of fun despite the rain. We showed training level one and placed 3rd out of about seven or eight! I was so proud of Amador he was so good! A big thanks to Debbie Hankison it was a great show we hope you put on another one soon! Also thank you to Susan for all of your help. Shout out to Tania who won first place in her division, which made for a great first horseshow! So that explains the ribbons part so I'm sure your wondering what the muck part means...? Well since Amador and Danny have been at my land they have been very happy and Amador has gained lots of weight and is looking alot better. However, this also means tons of work for me! It has rained for the past two days and so when I went out to work today I was expecting it to be wet, but it was muddy and icky and gross! I couldn't get any work done out in the pasture, so I decided to work on my jumps. For those of you who know me you might be like, Paula, building??? Well lots of good has come from the move to Huger including my learning how to use power tools without killing myself! YAY Well I've been working on building up my jump collection and today I build a brush box! It's really cool and I actually suprised myself at how good they look. I'm very excited to start putting my ring together with all the pretty jumps I've made! It's so much fun and I think that all the measuring and stuff is really relaxing. We have been working so hard to get the land to be a nice little farm. In addition to the jumps I've been working on building a round pen, putting together a small dressage ring and eventually a nice little three stall shedrow. I'll put pics up as soon as I can! Well I'm off to get some sleep after a long day of work!
-Paula

3 comments:

Unknown said...

is your land right next to swamp fox?

Amador said...

It's not the one right next to swamp fox but it's close.

Charleston Riding Academy said...

That's awesome. I had heard about your show performance, but the improvements to the property sound fantastic.